The Cameroonian Finance Law for 2017 (Law No. 2016/018) was enacted on 14 December 2016. The main measures, effective 1 January 2017, include the following:
- A levy of 0.2% (“Contribution d’Intégration Africaine”) on imports from outside the African Union zone;
- New withholding tax rates (10% or 5%) for services provided by non-residents;
- Obligation to obtain a tax clearance certificate prior to requesting a title, license, certificate, statement or authorization from public authorities;
- Amendment of the business license tax (“Contribution des Patentes”), including amendment of the relevant rates;
- Miscellaneous measures relating to tax deductibility of health insurances, tax credits and VAT on real estate transactions.
Feel free to contact us if you need any further information regarding the above: