The State of Emergency declared on 10 April 2020 has been extended for an additional 15-day period, but the mandatory lockdown of the Greater Libreville Area has been partially downgraded in the following manner:
- Residents are still forbidden from leaving the Greater Libreville Area, but can make displacements within the Area.
- Residents must remain in their homes between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
- Residents must wear masks at all times in public places.
- Gatherings of more than 10 persons are prohibited, including at social or family events.
- Civil servants and employees of private sector companies can progressively go back to work under the following conditions:
- Work-from-home or rotational schemes must be used to the maximum extent possible, notably for employees at risk of contracting COVID-19 due to preexisting health conditions;
- Adjustment of working hours from 07:30 AM to 02:00 PM;
- Installation of health surveillance equipment and supplies at the entrance to the premises (thermometers, masks, sanitizers, etc.)
- Presence of less than 10 employees in total in the premises; and
- Mandatory wearing of masks at all times, and compliance with social distancing and hygienic measures.
- Stores can progressively reopen, but restaurants, bars, motels, schools and universities will for now remain closed.
Should you wish to receive additional information on this alert, please contact: