Gabon | 2020.05.13
COVID-19: State of Emergency is Lifted
The State of Emergency declared on 10 April 2020 was lifted on 11 May 2020, but the following public health and safety measures remain in place:
- Residents must wear masks at all times in public places, and comply with social distancing and hygiene precautions.
- Residents must remain in their homes between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM.
- Residents are still forbidden from leaving the Greater Libreville Area unless they obtain a special authorization, but can make displacements within the Area.
- Gatherings of more than 10 persons are prohibited, including at social or family events. Public events such as conferences and concerts are still prohibited.
- Land, air and sea borders remain closed, except for nationals returning home and carriage of food and other cargo and oil and gas supplies.
- Restaurants, bars, motels, schools and universities will for now remain closed.
For further information, please contact: